Copyright is another subject under Intellectual Property domain that is registered under “The Copyright Act, 1957”. Copyright comes into existence as soon as the work is created. In order to copyright a work, the expression of the concerned work must be original and must also involve skill and labour. No legal formality is required in order to attain Copyright, however, Copyright registration serves as a prima facie evidence in the court of law as it places record of the date, content and authorship of the work in the copyright office. Therefore, these records prove to be very useful in infringement proceedings. Hence, it is always advisable to register Copyright in respect of the work since Copyright Registration Certificate is accepted as a proof of ownership in a Court of law.
The following is protected under Copyright:
- Creative work such as literary work (including computer programmes and computer databases.
- Sound recording or audio recorded files, Cinematograph film (including films, videos, cartoon films etc.).
- Artistic work (including a painting, a sculpture, a drawing such as a map, chart or diagram, an engraving, a photograph, architecture/ artistic craftsmanship.
- Dramatic work (including theatrical plays.
- Television/radio/movie scripts, movie/television plots, choreography).
- Musical Works (including songs, tunes, melodies).
Our Services Include:
- Filing of Copyright Applications with the Copyright Office for registration of original and creative work.
- Responding to Copyright Objection(s) in respect of applications and all communications from the Copyright Office.
- Enabling Copyright Registration of Sound Recordings and musical compositions.
- Registration and compliances in respect of Computer Software Copyright.
- Registration of Logo Copyrights for goods and services.