Copyright is a form of Intellectual Property that is registered under The Copyright Act, 1957. Copyright comes into existence as soon as the work comes into being,wherein acquisition of copyright does not require completion of any formality. For a work to be copyrightable its expression should be original (not copied), and should involve skill and labor. Registration of an original work is not necessary but serves as a prima facie evidence in the court of law. It places record of the date and content of work in the copyright office, and therefore can be used as an official record in case of any infringement proceeding.Therefore, it is always advisable to register Copyright in respect of the work since Copyright Registration Certificate is accepted as a proof of ownership in a Court of law.
Creative work such as Literary work (including computer programmes and computer databases), Sound recording or audio recorded files, Cinematograph film (including films, videos, cartoon films etc.), Artistic work (including a painting, a sculpture, a drawing such as a map, chart or diagram, an engraving, a photograph, architecture/ artistic craftsmanship) , Dramatic work (including theatrical plays, television/radio/movie scripts, movie/television plots, choreography) and Musical Works (including songs, tunes, melodies) can be protected by Copyright.
Our Services in relation to copyright protection include:
- Filing of Copyright Applications with the Copyright Office for registration of original and creative work.
- Responding to Copyright Objection(s) in respect of applications and all communications from the Copyright Office.
- Enabling Copyright Registration of Sound Recordings and musical compositions.
- Registration and compliances in respect of Computer Software Copyright.
- Registration of Logo Copyrights For Goods and Services.