The most important part of a freelancers work and his/her relationship with her customer is to ensure that they are clear about the scope of the work that will be undertaken and executed, the timelines that would be followed, and the fees is to be paid along with their intellectual property’s ownership. Hence, freelance work agreements, also known as independent contractor agreements or consulting agreements are formulated as contracts between independent workers and their customers.
1) Understanding the requirement of both the freelancer and his/her employee, along with details outlining expectations from the work undertaken.
2) After the detailed discussion as outlined above, the terms of the agreement shall be finalized.
3) Our professionals will begin drafting the agreement once the terms of the agreement are finalized.
4) Once the review of the drafted contract is underway, the freelancer and the client shall have opportunities to make changes to the agreement as per their terms, following which our professionals shall finalize the agreement.
As it can be appreciated, time taken for contract drafting depends largely on the complexities of the subject matter covered. But on an average, we conclude the process within 2 to 4 working days.
1) The names of the hiring company and the independent contractor.
2) The services that the contractor will provide to the client.
3) Mutually agreed-upon project schedule with specific dates.
5) A clarification of your legal relationship.